MCT is an organization literally born within a community of volunteers.
From the very beginning of the first community theatre production to the inception of the MCT International Tour Project, volunteers have had—and continue to have—a vital and invaluable role at MCT. As a volunteer, you can contribute your time and talents at the headquarters in Missoula, or on the road when MCT comes to your town. Because we are such a diverse company, there are many areas in which you can help; we are always interested in a wide variety of talents, skills and willingness.
WE NEED YOU! Here are examples of areas in which you can get involved:
FRONT OF HOUSE—house manager, usher, box office will call, concessions.
PRODUCTION CREW—stage crew, lights, sound, stage manager, fly crew, hair & make-up.
- TECHNICAL CREW—carpentry, painting, costumes, props, rehearsal secretary.
- PERFORMANCE/ORCHESTRA—act, sing, dance, choreography, director, music direction, conductor, rehearsal pianist, orchestra member.
- MARKETING/FUNDRAISING—event support, fundraising, photography, data entry, help with mailings, audition tables.
- MISCELLANEOUS—board of directors, transportation, cooking, serving, storage, housing (MCT Community Theatre guest artists, Performing Arts Camp campers, Tour Actors during training in Missoula).
- TOUR PROJECT ON THE ROAD—host a fundraising dinner or other event in your town; house the actors while they are in your community.
Sign up to be a volunteer! Complete a volunteer application form and send it to our volunteer coordinator, Marissa Badzioch. Call (406) 728-1911 for more information.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." —Margaret Mead